Shingle roofing has evolved to an array of colors, textures, sizes and styles. Consider these ten factors when choosing to remodel or install a new shingle roof to your home or business:
- Shingles vary in color and style. We typically use the Owens Corning Duration dimensional series, but can install other types as well.
- Certain shingle colors are energy star rated, and can save you money on energy bills.
- Afraid your shingle might be destroyed by hail? You can purchase the upgraded impact resistant shingles that are designed to withstand wind and hail damage.
- Leaks can be tricky to determine because the water can run with the slope of your roof to a different location than where it came through.
- Shingles are recyclable.
- Shingles cannot be installed when it is too cold. We do not install them if the high is below 40 degrees.
- New shingles are very malleable. Try to avoid walking on the roof for any reason on hot days, or you may mar the shingles and remove granules from the surface.
- There are upgraded profiles of shingles made to look like traditional shake roofing. The Woodcrest line of shingles from Owens Corning is one of these options.
- The Duration series of shingles carries a 130mph wind rating.
- We offer a 10 year labor warranty on our shingle roofs!
For more information: https://www.owenscorning.com/